Kristen DeAngelis, is a Registered Dietitian and exercise specialist whose vibrant zest for life brings positive healthy changes for successful holistic wellness. People CAN be their best self – the choice is there, but sometimes we can be our own biggest hurdle…Kristen’s expertise and contagious energy can be a powerful tool to help bring health back to its priority in our everyday lives!Kristen’s fun and engaging personality aims to help inspire others to achieve their best self.
Focusing on Integrative Health Approach, Kristen focuses on:
- Diet and Nutrition
- Fitness and Activity
- Sleep and Stress
- Work / Life Balance
- Friends/Family and Social Relationships
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Human, Nutrition, Foods and Exercise l Virginia Tech University l Blacksburg, VA. Nutrition and Dietetics, Exercise and Health Promotion
- Post-Graduate Dietetic Internship l Ingalls Memorial Hospital l Chicago IL. Internship experience: Clinical and Outpatient, Nutrition Counseling, Cancer Wellness, Food Service Management (Chicago and Boston)
- Nutrition consultations, group workshops and cooking demonstrations through Kristen DeAngelis Wellness, LLC
- Registered Dietitian at Mission 5 Fitness (2014-current)
- Reboot Nutritionist, Reboot With Joe (2013- current)
- Wellness Consultant at Shea Training Systems (2013-current)
- Registered Dietitian and Guided Reboot Coach at, Reboot with Joe (2012-current)
- Registered Dietitian at TriHealth Pavillion and Tri-Health Women’s Center (Current) Specializing in womens health, digestive disorders, food allergies, community nutrition, athlete nutrition, weight loss, and eating disorders. On the side of Kristen's private practice, she serves as a TriHealth employee at their Womens Center as well as their Medical Fitness Pavilion. Kristen teaches regular weight loss classes, cooking workshops and demonstrations, and nutrition and healthy living workshops. Kristen also is part of TriHealth's leadership team as SOAR Council member for leading the TriHealth Way.
- Personal Nutritionist, Trainer, and Executive Assistant to Chairman and CEO, Joe Cross from the hit documentary, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead at Reboot With Joe (2014, 2015) Kristen has worked with celebrity Joe Cross, the filmmaker, producer, and lead star of the award-winning documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Kristen’s role as personal nutritionist, trainer, and executive assistant was a rewarding and unforgettable experience. She helped Joe maintain his health and wellness through dietary strategies and appropriate nutrition and fitness regimes during his worldwide film and book tours. Along with her nutrition and fitness role, she managed his personal social media accounts and daily schedules. Kristen additionally worked with the Reboot team on several cloud-based projects and leading online Guided Reboots.
- Nutrition Blogger and Dietitian at Shea Training Systems Athletic Training Programming for athletes and individuals (current)
- Fitness Trainer and Instructor. Kristen is an American Council on Exercise certified personal trainer and has taught a variety of high-intensity classes including Bootcamp, Strength and Conditioning, TRX, Cycle/Spin, Circuit/HIIT training as well as advanced and beginner yoga and pilates. (2009 through 2016, various locations across the country). Currently is not teaching Bootcamp classes, but now solely teaches Yoga at The Yoga Bars Cincinnati OH
- · Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (ACEND) 2015 - current
- · Licensed Dietitian in the State of Ohio, 2015- current
- · B.S. Human, Nutrition, Foods and Exercise, Virginia Tech University (2008-2013)
- · Dietetic Internship ACEND, Ingalls Memorial Hospital – Chicago, IL (2014)
- · WellCoaches, Individual and Group Coaching Certificate (2016)
- · Balanced Bites MasterClass Practitioner, Holistic Nutrition (2016)
- · Certified Personal Trainer (American Council Exercise), 2009-current
- · 200 Hour Certified Yoga Alliance Teacher, Vinyasa Hatha School – Rishikeshi, India (2015)
- · 200 Hour Certified Yoga Alliance Teacher, The Yoga Center of Seattle (2013)
- · YogaFit, Level 1 (2010)
- · CPR/First Aid and AED Certified, American Heart Association (2009-Current)
- · Academy of Dietetics, Registered Dietitian member (2010-current)
- · D.I.F.M. Dietitians In Integrative and Functional Medicine, DPG (2015- present)
- · Dedicated to educating clients to achieve optimal performance and life balance via good nutrition, physical activity and sleep/stress management.
- · Passionate in the field of nutrition and dietetics in using evidence based medicine and a whole body individualized approach to improving health.
- · Enthusiastic in getting back to basics of integrating whole, plant-based foods into our modern day society’s eating patterns
What People are saying about Kristen...
Working with Kristen has changed the way I live my life by making much better food choices and setting attainable goals to become a much healthier person. Kristen is so excited about what she does and that motivates me even more! - Kathy D, 1/26/2017
It is an honor to give a testimonial for Kristen! Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for her being a part of my life. Kristen is genuine, kind, and has unlimited information when it comes to nutrition. She has given me the foundation of what a healthy lifestyle is for me personally. She understands the mind games our brain plays on us and has increased my knowledge around shame, habits, and self-compassion. I know food is more than just calories and I am now confident in the qualities I look for in food. For the first time in my life, I have and still am experiencing success with avoiding the traps of yoyo dieting. September 12, 2018 will be my three year anniversary of my lifestyle change that includes me being 90 pounds lighter. Although Kristen says, I did all the hard work... I know the work was easier with her guidance and inspiration. If your looking for more than just weight loss, and want a new lifestyle, Kristen is the dietitian for you. - Jeannie Jones, 3/19/2018
I entered the Health Ine program Kristen teaches at TriHealth looking to get a jump start on losing 30-40 pounds. Within 6 months with the help of Kristen, family, and friends support I lost 130 pounds and am still going in, the follow up course to Health One, Strides. I’ve learned how to eat, what to eat, and how to portion foods. I’ve learned healthy eating is not the only recipe to weight loss. Excerise, support, accountability and more come in to play. I started with several routines, and now those routines are habit. My energy level has gone through the roof and filled me up with positivity. I’m getting ready to turn 41 and I haven’t felt this great since high school. I always blamed my aches and pains on my lower back which I had surgery on. After losing the weight I’ve realized the aches and pains came from my weight. I love having the energy to hang out with my boys. I can truly say I’ve missed a lot, but have gained so much more by getting on this journey. I’ve tried many diets and have spoke with many people and nothing had worked. After my family recommended Kristen I was skeptical. I was wrong! The time and devotion she’s put into me and all the other participants is amazing. She looks at everyone as an individual and not as a group. There’s so much to say. The main thing I’ll continue to say is you won’t be disappointed. Thank you Kristen! - Kevin Sousa, 1/15/2018
I can’t stress enough how helpful Kristen was in helping me achieve my fitness goals. I wanted to dress as a muscular character for a convention and over several months, I worked to achieve the physique I wanted. I look fantastic, and that would not have been possible without Kristen’s help. Nutrition is so vital to achieving your fitness goals, and Kristen will help you every step of the way. Thanks for everything Kristen, and good luck in Chicago! - Alec Leyendecker, 3/17/2018
Kristen has been awesome to work with as I make changes to my normal way of eating. I have struggled for over 30 years with my weight. I topped out at 336lbs a few months ago. Kristen is helping me to make changes in a way that works best for me. She understands that nutrition is not a one size fits all part of our lives. I would recommend her to any of my family and friends. My doctor is very happy with the results and has even asked for her information. When I am frustrated and having trouble changing long-standing habits, Kristen is there supporting me all the way. Kristen is a kind spirit. If you are obese like me and worried about seeing a dietitian because you are afraid you'll be judged, then have no fear! Kristen is here! I can't say enough good things about her work with me and helping me get to my goals, both large and small. - Kathy F, 2/10/2017
On October 30th, 2016, my doctor’s office gave me my blood test results. My A1c (diabetes test) was 6.3. I asked what that meant. I was told the following (Less than 5.6 is totally normal, non-diabetic, 5.7 - 6.3 is pre-diabetic, Greater than 6.4 is diabetic) I was told to follow up with my doctor in 6 months, and I made my appointment. No advice, no instructions, no medications. See you in 6 months. Yikes!!!! After a brief freak-out I gathered my senses and thought “how much more damage is going to happen in 6 months!?! What am I going to do?!?” I know a little about diabetes, but not enough. I knew the doctor would want me to do some sort of diabetes education, lose weight, increase my activity, eat right…etc. But where do I start? When do I start? How do I start? I can’t wait 6 months!!! The logical place for me to start was getting control of my eating, and thus my sugar. I could not let it get worse. Eating right means what? How do I do this? Why me?! You have to understand, all these thoughts are rushing through my head in a frenzy. I was overwhelmed, frustrated, angry, scared, and under-educated. I wanted to cry! My life had taken a huge turn, and I wasn’t happy with the new view. I had to take control, get control, and keep control. OH! I’ll ask a dietician, a nutrition specialist, someone who could give me some guidelines. So I called and made an appointment with Kristen. Honestly, I wasn’t looking forward to the changes I needed to make. But when I sat down with her, she gave me a lot of information all at once, but made it easy to understand. (Deep breath. I can do this.) Kristen made me realize that with some changes in the way I eat, not just what I eat, all of the things would start to fall in place. She gave me guidelines, knowledge, and empowerment. It was the first time since hearing my results that I actually felt like I could do something about my health. It was the first and most important step on my new journey. The view started to change. I followed the guidelines using the handouts Kristen gave me. That was pretty easy, and it just keeps getting easier. My sugar cravings and my carb cravings basically went away in about a week. Wow, my daily sugar levels are really improving! I grocery shop with Kristen’s paperwork in my hand. It keeps me from buying the less healthy items. I started walking. Every day. Not far, and not fast. Just walking. I now try to walk a mile every day, but if I don’t do it, I don’t beat myself up. I just try again tomorrow. I can go out to eat with my friends now. I know what the better options are, and howthey will affect my sugar. I log everything I eat. If I have a bad sugar day, I know why. I just try again tomorrow. If I have a great sugar day, which is happening very often, I know why. I log my activity. Walking, housecleaning, gardening, everything counts! And now for the biggest news: I have lost 50 pounds in just over 4 months and still going strong! My A1c test is now 5.7 (barely pre-diabetic) and that was tested just 3 months after starting the better way of eating. I’m doing it! You can too! Thank you Kristen! - Beth Bussen, 9/12/2017