How to Use Up that Last Can of Pumpkin...
PUMPKIN-CHIA OVERNIGHT OATS
- 1/2-3/4 cup oats (rolled or quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin (Canned purree)
- 1/2-1 Banana, mashed (Brown soft bananas work best)
- 1 cup Almond Milk, Unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- Dash of Salt
- Optional: Spoonful of Honey or 1/2-1 packet of Stevia (I opted out, the cinnamon gives a great natural sweetness!)
- Add milk, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, mashed banana, and pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- Add oats and dash of salt/sugar to taste.
- Seal container and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours to congeal (keep it overnight and you have breakfast waiting!)
PUMPKIN PIE BREAD (*Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 1 Flax Egg (1.5 Tbsp Flax seeds + 4 Tbsp Water)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Banana, Mashed (the soft brown ones taste best!)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- Optional: Pecans to place on top or dark chocolate chips to mix into batter
- FLAX EGGS: Prepare flax seeds in a large mixing bowl (combine flax seeds & water).
- PRE-HEAT oven to 375F
- GREASE: Lightly grease loaf pan with butter, coconut oil, or olive oil.
- ADD SOFT: Add soft ingredients to mixing bowl: pumpkin, mashed banana, honey, olive oil. Whisk to combine.
- ADD SWEET: Add sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and whisk.
- ADD FLOURS: Add oats, almond meal, gluten-free flour, blend and stir to combine. (Add chocolate chips if you wish)
- PUT IN PAN: Scoop into loaf pan and top with optional pecans.
- BAKE: Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until it looks golden brown and a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- REMOVE, SET & TRANSFER: Remove and let set in the your loaf pan for 20 minutes. Transfer to plate to cool.
- COOL & SLICE: Let cool completely before slicing (wait at least 1 hour to prevent from crumbling). Serve with grass-fed butter, coconut oil, or my favorite.. a slather of homemade raw almond butter!