Why is this in the snack section? I want to encourage you to eat whole foods and not just the typical "snack-y" things that come in the form of bars, dips, and bite-sized pieces. Try using leftovers or in this case, have 1/4 cup of my apple spiced quinoa to get you started! This is a meal you can batch make in just 10 minutes but will last you throughout the week for BREAKFAST, LUNCH, SNACKS, and DINNER? Welcome to the world where meal prep does not have to be difficult, it's just how you prepare and set yourself up for success!
Get a large stockpot of boiled on the stove and cook your quinoa in 12 minutes and your ready to add in all the ingredients for a week long amount of snacks and meals.
Quinoa is a superfood too, it's a plant-based protein (great for vegans and vegetarians), but is also a gluten-free, wheat-free grain (good for those on elimination diets, on the paleo diet, or on testing out a wheat-free/gluten-free dietary protocol to test for any intolerances or allergies.
Apple Spiced Multi-purpose Fall Quinoa
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2-3 Large Apples, diced into small squares
- 1-2 T cinnamon (depending on your preference you can add a shake more)
- 1-2 T raw, local honey (*Raw, local varieties will give you further health benefits like supporting your immune system to fend off viruses, allergies and bacteria in the air and soil in the region you live)
- 1/2 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup raisins *optional
- Sea Salt to taste
- Cook your quinoa according to the directions (cook extra so you have plenty on hand for any other dishes you want to make!)
- Wash and chop your apples. Add apples, cinnamon, honey, almonds, raisins and salt to the quinoa. Mix to combine
- SERVE: Quinoa can be served hot off the stove or cold as is.
Snack: Serve as is with a spoon or dip with apple slices.
Breakfast: Serve warm on the stove top. Add a little almond milk to make a warm porridge for cold fall mornings.
Lunch: Serve as is or over a large bed of leafy greens for a salad.
Dinner: Use this mix to stuff a sweet potato! Just cook your sweet potato in the oven whole at 350F for 30-45 minutes, then open it up scoop out a small circle and put the quinoa in the center. Checkout my recipe for stuffed sweet potatoes.