Healthy Fats are important to maintain cell membranes, to hold together our cells and even absorb nutrients from our food. Without enough healthy fats, you may have dry or cracked skin, brittle hair and nails, weight loss or weight gain, trouble focusing, hormone imbalances, and a variety of other cascading effects. Avocados are a great source of HEALTHY FATS to incorporate around the snack table, appetizer platter or to have alongside a healthy meal like eggs or taco Tuesday. Enjoy this festive guac around the Holidays - I just loved the combo of Red & Green!!
Festive Pomegranate Guacamole
- 2 Avocadoes
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- Kosher Salt/pepper to taste
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (1 small pomegranate or ½ a Large Pomegranate)
- DE-SEED AVOCADOES. Slice avocado in half, remove the center pit.
- SCOOP OUT & MASH. Scoop out the avocado, add to a small bowl and mash until you reach desired consistency.
- SEASON. Add kosher salt, pepper, and lemon/lime juice.
- ADD POMEGRANATE SEEDS.
- SERVE. Serve with whole grain pita chips or my favorite dip with apple slices! You can also serve this on a chicken wrap or salad, or serve on the side of eggs for breakfast.