Wait....ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS!? YUP! This recipe is super easy to make, its plant-based, is vegan/vegetarian, and is super high in antioxidants and specific compounds that help to detoxify the liver and flush out any unwanted toxins (things that we eat, drink, breathe and touch everyday have chemicals and substances that our body needs to filter out). Cauliflower, similar to other cruciferous veggies have been shown to have potent anti-cancer effects too. This is also great if you have a thyroid condition but still want to enjoy your cruciferous veggies (typically if you have a low functioning thyroid you need to avoid eating any raw cruciferous veggies).
20 MINUTES, 5 INGREDIENTS, CHOCK FULL OF NUTRITION - ENJOY!
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SOUP (JUST 5 INGREDIENTS)
- 1 Head Cauliflower, lightly chopped into florets
- 3 cups Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Sage
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Nutritional Yeast (gives cheesy flavor)
- 1 russet potato (more thick creamy consistency)
1. WASH & CHOP. Wash cauliflower and chop into rough pieces. Peel and chop yellow onion, Peel and mince garlic.
2. SAUTE ONION & GARLIC. Saute chopped onion and garlic on medium heat with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil.
3. ADD SAGE & STIR.
4. ADD CAULIFLOWER FLORETS & CHICKEN BROTH.
5. BOIL & SIMMER. Bring to a boil and then cover and let simmer ~15-20 minutes until cauliflower is soft. Once soft, use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. (If you don't have an immersion blender, wait for soup to cool and add to a blender to puree until smooth).
6. GARNISH with parsley, sage, or any other Italian seasonings. Optional to add nutritional yeast for a more cheesy flavor.