Everyone loves a super hero.. they swoop in and save the day right?! Well that's exactly what this Kale Salad will do for you! I make kale salads like I would a stir-fry... I think of it like my garbage can and just add whatever is left from my produce to the bowl. Surprisingly it usually comes out pretty good.... and that's because I know a BIG SECRET that I will share with you here!
Secret: MASSAGE YOUR KALE with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt before adding any other ingredients to the bowl. This allows the fibrous leaves of kale to break down, making it easier for you to chew, enjoy, and digest.
- Kale, stems removed
- Bell Peppers (Red/Orange/Green)
- Carrots (chopped or shredded)
- Beans (Black beans or chickpeas)
- Squeeze of lemon
- Dressing: extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar, minced garlic
- First wash all ingredients and wash your hands well. Then, massage Kale as indicated above. Drizzle olive oil and sea salt over the kale and use your hands to squeeze and scrunch the kale leaves between your fingers. Then add all ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly.