An easy way to bring color, crunch, and a pop of taste to your lunch/dinner plate! Pomegranates are one of the most potent sources of antioxidants helpful in scavenging harmful free radicals in the body. Pomegranates also help to open the blood vessels and have been researched to provide aphrodisiac properties (1). Dig in for this sweet, tart, and crunchy salad.
Kale, Pomegranate, Tahini Salad
- 1 large head Kale, washed & shredded *Organic
- 1/2-3/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds (1 small or 1/2 large pomegranate - watch HERE how to remove seeds easily)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Raisins/Craisins
- 1/2-1 Apple thinly sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 2-4 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt/Pepper to taste
- MAKE DRESSING. Add all dressing ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined (you can taste to see what you want to alter - more tahini/salt etc.)
- WASH & PREP. Wash your kale & apple. Slice apple into very thin slices and put to the side. Tear kale leaves into small pieces and add to the dressing ingredient bowl. Remove the large stems and toss in the compost/garbage.
- ADD KALE & MASSAGE. With your kale pieces in the dressing bowl, scrunch your hands into the kale to massage its leaves and losses the fibrous texture.
- ADD SEEDS, APPLE, RAISINS. Add pomegranate, raisins/craisins, apple slices, and season with additional kosher salt and nutritional yeast.
- SERVE & ENJOY.