A simply delicious way to add vibrant color and nutrients to your dinner or lunch plate! I LOVE this combination of crunchy walnut pieces and naturally sweet flavors from the Bosc Pears. The kale is perfect once you massage the leaves which helps loosen the fibrous texture and allow it to be a little more digestible, palatable, and enjoyable. Hope you enjoy this super green and simple salad as much as my family and friends do!
Kale, Pear, Walnut Salad
1 Bosc Pear (there are so many varieties, but Bosc work great in salads! Check out more varieties HERE)
- 1 Large Head of Kale (Curly of dinosaur kale)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (or more)
- 1 lemon
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Drizzle of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- PREP KALE. Wash kale well, remove stems, shred leaf pieces into small shreds.
- MASSAGE. This is the most important step, so don't skip! With all your washed shredded leaves in a large bowl, drizzle olive oil, and a few shakes of sea salt over the kale. Wash your hands and then start to massage your kale. YES, massage get your hands into the leaves and crunch and squeeze the leaves for at least 60 seconds. (You will notice the volume start to shrink, and the leaves start to get a little more soft and not so hard and "crunchy").
- ADD ALL OTHER INGREDIENTS. Add walnuts, sliced pears, garlic, and lemon juice. Toss to combine well. Drizzle with a small amount of balsamic vinegar, and any additional olive oil or sea salt to taste.
- SERVE & ENJOY!