Sweet Potatoes. My Absolutely Favorite food - and this recipe is why they soon will be yours too! They satisfy carb and sugar cravings because they are rick in those starchy carbohydrates that fill me up when I can't kick it. Especially good fuel for endurance athletes and a beautiful way to get glowing skin - the rich carotenoid nutrients help to bring some color (especially helpful in the cold winter months!) Sweet Potatoes are rich in potassium, fiber, and vitamin A. You MUST try this recipe. It is my favorite and soon to be yours too!
Easy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes (Local might even be a little sweeter!)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary
- PREHEAT oven to 375 F.
- CHOP. Wash sweet potatoes, keep skin on (it has more nutrients there) and chop into uniform wedge pieces. Add to a baking pan.
- ADD OIL, SALT/PEPPER, ROSEMARY. If oil is hard, either microwave or just scoop out some and dab it onto the sweet potatoes. Season with salt/pepper how you like and shake the pan or use a spatula to move around potatoes so they are evenly coated.
- SHAKE the pan to coat the potatoes evenly.
- ROAST. Put in oven and bake for 40-60 minutes (until wedges are soft). You might want to use a spatula or shake the pan halfway through to coat them evenly.
- SERVE as is for a snack or side to a main meal, mix with quinoa, almonds and raisins for a yummy sweet-er style dish, or add to a kale or spinach salad!