If you like peanut butter, if you are the client that is always asking me "Kristen what 'bar' should I buy"... well this is your answer. These little bites have protein, healthy fats, and fiber making them an excellent snack on hand when running errands or needing something super quick. And who doesn't love peanut butter right? Make sure to look at the ingredients on your PB (or nut butter of choice)... you want it to read "nuts" only and no added sugars or hydrogenated vegetable oils (aka Trans Fats). Enjoy these tasty little treats!
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pie Bites
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter), natural
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 2-4 Tbsp Honey (more to taste, option to swap out with maple syrup)
- pinch of salt
- **Option to add 1-2 Tbsp Chia Seeds (provides extra protein - 6g/2Tbsp)
- **Option to add 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- **Holiday Season? Add 1/2 cup 100% Pumpkin
1. Combine peanut butter, oats, honey, and optional pecans/chia/pumpkin to a mixing bowl (or blender). Mix until well ingredients are well incorporated.
2. Form 1-inch balls using a spoon or with your hands scoop up a small amount and roll into into small balls. Place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place sheet in the refrigerator for 15 minutes (or freezer).
3. Keep stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.