A favorite around the fall/winter season is Brussels Sprouts! Unfortunaely, many people might not like them, and it all comes down to HOW to cook them, and WHAT you add on to make it a tasty side dish or integrated piece of the main meal (and I promise when you make this recipe, you will be turned around!!! If you're someone that typically doesn't like bitter tasting foods, then you actually might like this recipe as the Dijon Dressing adds a much different flavor and dimension to your "typical sprouts".
Brussels Sprouts are high in Vitamin K, C and Fiber (aka they help you feel FULL and they provide nutrition for fighting off infection and promoting healing). As part of the family of "Cruciferous Vegetables", Brussels Sprouts lead the pack for specific phytonutrient compounds shown to help with cancer protection. Brussels Sprouts have been heavily researched on their benefits for cancer protection based on these 3 specific areas:
1) Overall supportive detoxification processes
3) Antioxidant Systems
3) Anti-Inflammatory Systems
Enjoy this tasty enjoyable Brussels sprout dish for a side dish, or even mixed into a salad or with quinoa or a more full/complete meal. Let me know how you like it in the comments below!!
Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste (I love using Kosher Salt)
- Optional to add 4 tbsp dried cranberries
Dijon Vinaigrette (YES YOU NEED THIS & WILL LOVE THIS)
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Honey (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350-375F.
- Wash and halve your sprouts. Place on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil (or coconut oil), and season liberally with salt/pepper.
- Place in oven and cook at 350-375F for 30 minutes (you might want to shake the pan halfway through).
- While sprouts are roasting, whisk the ingredients together for your dressing in a small bowl.
- When sprouts are done cooking, place into a large bowl and drizzle the dressing on top mixing well to combine. Add option of dried cranberries/craisins before serving.