Make these sweet little candied favorites to have on stock in your fridge all week. Perfect for a post-workout snack, pre-workout fuel, to add to a seasonal winter salad, whip up into a soup, or just toss as a side with your morning eggs or dinner rotisserie chicken.
ROASTED CARROT - SWEET POTATOES - ONION
- 5 Large Carrots
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 White Sweet Potato or Japanese Yam
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 5 Cloves Garlic (peel skin away, left whole. Do not mince)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt/Black Pepper
- WASH. Wash/scrub produce well (Sweet potatoes and root veggies sometimes have a little more dirt to scrub away). Do not peel unless you prefer the skin off.
- CHOP. Chop into uniform pieces.
- ADD TO PAN. Add chopped carrots, sweet potatoes, onion, and whole garlic cloves to a large baking pan. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp sea salt.
- ROAST. Roast in oven at 350F for 45 minutes (or until fork tender).
- COOL AND SERVE. Serve as is, process into a soup, or add to a winter seasonal salad.