A delicious salad recipe featured in the What Juicers Eat Meal Plan to transition on or off of a Juice Cleanse or just to get you to a healthy place where you look and feel amazing! The meal plan was created and developed by me, your dietitian nutritionist, along with Angela Von Buelow, a culinary expert from Juicing Radio and What Juicers Eat. Check out the video to learn just how easy it is to put together a simple and delicious plant based meal!! Get the full meal plan today to get kickstarted on a health plan that works!
- 2 cups Kale/Spinach, stem removed, chopped (2 Large Handfuls)
- 1 cup Quinoa, cooked (1/2 cup dry makes 1 cup cooked)
- 1/4 cup Almonds, chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup Dried Fruit (craisins/raisins/chopped dates/apricots)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint, Chopped roughly (not shown in video)
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- COOK QUINOA. First cook quinoa (or take out quinoa you’ve batch cooked already). Take out ALL salad ingredients, a cutting board, and large salad bowl.
- PREP. Wash and chop produce (for Mint, using the largest leaves, stack them, roll starting at the stem end, and slice into very fine strips).
- ADD DRESSINGS. Add garlic, lemon juice, dijon, and olive oil to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- MASSAGE KALE. Massage kale into the lemon vinaigrette mixture.
- ADD NUTS/FRUIT/QUINOA. Add almonds, dried fruit, mint and quinoa to combine. Season with salt/pepper.