This is one of my favorite breakfasts... sweet potato pancakes doesn't get any better! They are rich in fiber good for digestion and holding satiety and carotenoids that help bring a nice glow to my skin and support immune function. But overall, sweet potatoes are just so darn naturally SWEET that I don't really need to add too much other than the whole, raw ingredients. I will say, sometimes we like to add some almond butter or honey slathered on top - but that is up to you! Enjoy!!
2 sweet potatoes, shredded
2 Tbs cinnamon
2 Tbsp coconut or almond flour
just a pinch of salt
Option to add Almond Butter to the mix (or just wait to slather it on the pancakes after)
1. SHRED sweet potatoes in a food processor until finely shredded.
2. ADD sweet potatoes and eggs to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. ADD cinnamon, flour, salt until well combined.
4. COOK. Add 1 Tbsp coconut to a medium pan that has been heated up (if you start cooking the pancakes before the pan is hot, the oil will just soak up into the pancakes - a good way to test is to drop water on the pan and see if it sizzles). Add batter in 3-4" rounds to the pan.
5. SERVE immediately option to slather on almond butter or raw local honey on top.