Looking for a quick and easy meal? Affordable, Packs in Veggies, and has quality protein and fiber to help with blood sugar control? Breakfast is an essential meal of the day and I recommend to always have breakfast within 30-60 minutes of waking. My clients are always looking for easy ways to make this meal actually happen which is why I'm posting this for you all today. Whether its a breakfast, pre or post workout meal/snack, I've even used these just to grab and go between meals and appointments. Egg muffins are one idea, but I found this to be even easier with clean up! An egg PIZZA! You can totally customize this with herbs/spices like basil/cilantro or parsley or even hot sauce for spice, or feta or parmesan cheese for more flavor. The goal is to have a protein and fiber rich source at every meal and this is a great source of both! Get the recipe, start cooking, and get your breakfast and workout meal prep done for the week!
BREAKFAST EGG FRITTATA
- 12 Eggs
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- basil/cilantro/parsley to garnish
- salsa to top as option
- Set a LARGE skillet on medium heat and add olive oil, chopped garlic and onion. Wait until they turn translucent.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs and spinach in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and spinach mixture to the translucent onion/garlic mix.
- Keep on medium heat for about 5 minutes until the sides start to heat up and look slightly cooked (you can pull back the sides of the “omelet” at this time to get some more of the egg mix towards the bottom of the pan.
- After about 5-7 minutes on the stove once the sides are looking slightly cooked, put the skillet in the oven (make sure it’s a steel iron oven safe) and heat at 350F for about 10 minutes or until the center is cooked.
- Remove from oven and top with sprinkle of parmesan or feta cheese and any additional basil/parsley garnish. Allow to cool completely and portion out into individual “pizza slices”. Keeps well for 5 days in the fridge.