When I was younger my dad used to always make us pasta (from an Italian family of course), and my favorite dish was always this angel hair pasta he would toss with shrimp. It was so simple but it was just simply the BEST! My body doesn't quite respond the best to grains all the time, and its becoming more common where I'm finding many of my clients may also have slight gluten sensitivities when eating grain based products.
I still LOVE these pasta style dishes - they are easy to soak up flavors from the sauce and always feel like a comfort food. Creamy, mouthwatering, a hits-the-spot weeknight dinner. Instead of using a grain based pasta and a cream-based alfredo, I switched it up and went for a much healthier version that tastes delicious! I saved it for lunch/dinner the rest of the week too - get the recipe to try it for yourself! I promise it is very simple!!!
Shrimp in a Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo
- 2-3 cups shrimp (I used frozen and just had them thaw slightly over running water in the sink)
- 1 head cauliflower (washed and stems removed)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- salt/pepper to taste
Noodles: Either use whole grain pasta, zucchini noodles, or I used Shiratake noodles here (low calorie and low carb) or I also made this a second time and made a massive batch using spaghetti squash!
1. Make the Cauliflower Sauce. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until it turns to a creamy texture.
2. Add cauliflower to a saucepan and bring to a low simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp begins to turn pink.
3. Once shrimp begins to turn pink, add the shiratake noodles to the mix and continue to cook 1-2 minutes.
4. Mix in the chopped parsley, add any salt/pepper to taste and serve immediately! Ta-Da delicious