Looking for a delicious breakfast (or snack or dessert) that is tasty, but also fills you up and is perfect to take on the go? These little bites are the PERFECT solution. My clients often share how challenging it is to make healthy work when they travel so often - but I travel too! And that's exactly why I made these today... I'm traveling to Chicago this week and wanted to have something for the road, but also during the week for snacks during my conferences.
Little to no added sugar.
TASTY AND DELICIOUS.
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 2 T cinnamon
- 1/2 cup gluten-free baking powder (or you could you a wheat flour)
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup applesauce (or I used 1 baked apple and just mashed it up)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 T sugar
- *Option to add 1/4 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Shred your carrots in a food processor, or use pre-purchased shredded carrots.
- Add all dry ingredients to one bowl (flour, spices, sugar).
- Add wet ingredients (oil, eggs, applesauce).
- In a large mixing bowl combine wet and dry ingredients, shredded carrots and raisins. Add a drizzle of honey or extra sugar for sweetness.
- Spray a muffin tin with olive oil spray and pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes in your pre-heated oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before removing from pan. Serve for breakfast, snack, or dessert.