This is the perfect seasonal salad to have for lunch or dinner this weekend! Strawberries offer incredible antioxidant benefits to improve immunity and fight free radical damage. They're high in vitamin C and fiber to support a strong and healthy immune system that will help you achieve your summer health goals. Paired perfectly with a balance of toasted hazelnuts, peppery arugula, delicate spinach and the pop of balsamic glazed strawberries and asparagus this is a winning dish everyone will love! Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Strawberries, cut in quarters or halves with stems removed
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 # asparagus
- 1 T honey
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups spinach/kale mix
- 1 cup (or 1 small can) artichoke hearts
- For the asparagus, wash well and remove the ends. You can either roast in the oven at 350F for about 20 minutes until cooked and soft (with salt/pepper and drizzle of balsamic vinegar), or you can sauté on a saucepan for about 10 minutes. If you have very large asparagus you may need to slice in half to make them small enough to put in the saucepan.
- For the hazelnuts, bring a medium saucepan to medium high heat and add 1/2 cup hazelnuts. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until hazelnuts start to turn hot and lightly brown. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and continue to stir and cook ~2-5 minutes. At this point, you can now add your sliced strawberries so that the berries can soak up some of the balsamic glazed flavor. After another 2-3 minutes, add to a large bowl of all your ingredients.
- Combine roasted asparagus, strawberry/hazelnut mixture, arurugla, spinach, and artichoke hearts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with honey and a dash of salt/pepper and balsamic vinegar to taste.