Looking for a refreshing summer salad? Get creative and look past a simple green salad and make it a marinated mediterranean style dish with seasonally sweet cherry tomatoes, hydrating cucumber, and detoxifying parsley and lemon/lime juice to add some zest. With under 5 ingredients, this is an easy, simple and delicious side salad to add to your summer dinner table.
Marinated Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 quarts cherry tomato, quartered
- 2 lemon (or 2 lime), juiced
- 1/2 cup parsley (or cilantro), finely chopped
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 cup kalamata (or black olives), sliced
- 1 avocado, diced (**Optional**)
- Optional to Add chickpeas to make for a complete meal
- Add all ingredients in a bowl (produce washed and sliced) and mix until lightly well combined. Drizzle olive oil and lemon/lime juice and let sit in the refrigerator to chill before serving. Enjoy as is, over microgreens, or serve as an appetizer with whole grain pita.
Photos shown with and without optional avocado