If you're looking for a way to get more vegetables into your diet what better way than swapping out white rice for... white rice... cauliflower style! Cauliflower is one of our cruciferous vegetables and has the ability to help protect against cancer due to sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that has also been shown to kill cancer cells and reduce tumor cell growth. The sulphorophane nutrient found in cauliflower also offers support for our DNA and cell regeneration, heart health, and provides anti-inflammatory properties. Cauliflower is also great to support the livers' s natural detoxification process to help flush out what our body does not need.
This recipe is perfect to pair with a lentil curry dish, a plant based protein like balsamic glazed tofu, grilled salmon or even a mediterranean style baked/crockpot chicken. Enjoy!
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 Limes, juiced
- Hot Sauce (2 Tbsp to as much as you want!)
- salt/pepper to taste
- Wash cauliflower and chop into large pieces (large enough to add to your food processor).
- Using a food processor or blender, pulse several times until the cauliflower breaks up into small pieces (will look like rice).
- Dump your cauliflower onto a medium-high heat griddle (you don't need to add oil but you can if you want at this point).
- Stir for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, salt/pepper, and garlic powder (if you want to use fresh minced garlic this dish would be wonderful as well!).
- Continue to mix for another 3-5 minutes. Cauliflower will be hot to taste with a little bite, but slightly soft.
- Serve with you choice of toppings these were my taste testing choices:
- Option 1: Add squeeze of 2 Limes (this was my favorite)
- Option 2: Add 2 Tbsp Hot Sauce (I like Frank Red Hot)
- Option 3: Have as is!!! It will still be delicious!