By filling up on nutritious whole foods, seasoning your side dishes with simple herbs and spices, your summer and July4th events will allow you to reap the benefits and be the life of the party with all your energy! These dishes are high in fiber and micronutrients, and devoid of the refined sugars and processed ingredients. Enjoy your July 4th and other summer events, but be smart, be sensible, and share the love of whole foods with your family and friends!
DOWNLOAD YOUR JULY 4TH RECIPE BOOK HERE
What’s On The Menu??
- Sea Salted Cherry Tomatoes
Red/White/Blue (Strawberry, Nectarine, Plum) Fruit Salad
- Smashed Roasted Potatoes
- Red-White-Blue Potato Salad
- Buffalo Style Cauliflower
- Kale & Quinoa Fruit Salad
- Mediterranean Tabbouleh
- Watermelon Basil Salad
- Grilled Veggie Kabobs
- Grilled Fruit: Watermelon, Peaches, Pineapple
- Red White Blue Sparkling Sangria
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- Berry Bake
Tips for a Healthy July 4th:
- Stay hydrated. Always have a water bottle available and have hydrating beverages like infused water with berries/lemon before additional alcoholic drinks. Aim for 65-85 oz. water/day.
- Fill up your plate with 1/2 veggies before stacking on any burger/dog/ribs etc.
- Stay active this weekend - walk, bike, take some time to enjoy throwing around a football or frisbee - now that’s some classic American activities! =)