The #1 Meal Prep strategy I always recommend to my clients? Overnight Oats. Using PB2, chia seeds and blueberries this recipe is delicious perfect combo of fiber, protein, healthy fats and antioxidants.
What are "Overnight Oats"? It's nothing special, it's nothing fancy or difficult to do. It's actually by far the EASIEST thing to put together, and an EASY way to make sure you get in nourishment, a healthy dose of protein and fiber first thing in the morning. More than breakfast, use it for a snack or for substitute for lunch to take with you when you're non-stop.
The secret ingredient in this recipe? Instead of Peanut Butter, I used PB2 - yup it's a powdered peanut butter. If you haven't heard of this stuff, well you need to get your hands on it.. It's delicioussss and a savior for those of us who can't stop at 1 Tbsp of natural peanut butter. It's only 45 calories for 2 Tbsp and is excellent in this recipe!!
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp PB2 (powdered peanut butter)... If you don't have PB2 just use 1-2 Tbsp of Peanut Butter/Almond Butter!
- ½- ¾ cup Almond Milk, unsweetened
- Add your liquids, sweetener, and seeds first (almond milk, chia seeds, honey, PB) to a mason jar or Tupperware container. Mix well.
- Add in your berries and oats and continue to mix well (seal and shake a few times).
- Store in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight for the next morning).
- Take out of your fridge and dig in (yes it’s served cold, but you can heat up in the microwave if you prefer to have it warm)