TOP 5 best salads I've ever made! No joke, this was on POINT and one I will definitely be making again and again. Crunchy romaine, creamy avocado, and flavor from just 1 slice of bacon gave the perfect addition to the sautéed chicken. But the dressing was what did it for me to tie it all in - tahini, lemon, greek yogurt dressing (my mock of a creamy ranch style topping). Tahini is common in Greek and Mediterranean cuisine - it's ground sesame seeds, which is an excellent source of protein and rich in B vitamins, Iron and Zinc. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my dinner table did!
- Romaine Lettuce, roughly chopped
- Red Onion, diced
- Tomato, diced
- Avocado, diced
- 1 slice Bacon, chopped
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 2-3 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 -3 heaping Tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 1 Lemon squeezed
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Prep Produce. Wash and chop all produce (lettuce, red onion, tomato, avocado) and place in your large salad bowl.
- Cook chicken cubes over medium-high heat until almost all the way cooked through.
- Add Bacon. Remove chicken from skillet and cook 1 slice bacon (chopped) in the skillet. After 1-2 minutes, add the chicken back into the skillet to give it the "bacon-y" flavor.
- Make Dressing in a small bowl. Whisk all ingredients until you have a consistent dressing - you can play with the flavors and add more lemon juice for more acidity or more olive oil to make it thinner.
- Combine all ingredients and mix up well in your salad bow.