Butternut Squash is one of my Fall Favorites 🙌 ❤️ Why? Well first off it's so dang naturally sweet, starchy, and goes well with just about anything. Nutrition-wise? It's sky high in Vitamin A & carotenoids (excellent for reducing inflammation, boosting immunity & even preventing certain cancers 👊) plus FIBER (I always stress ALL meals require ✅ at least 5-10g of fiber).
*** NUTRITION SPOILER ALERT *** This recipe will go FAR, so make QUADROUPLE the amount.. have it in the following ways to help save you time in your meal prep this week - this is a lifesaver!
- Serve as a Side with your main entree
- Blend into a soup tomorrow (just add with chicken broth)
- Add to quinoa and nuts (easy meal)
- Add to kale/spinach salad 🥗 (plus protein of choice and some raisins/nuts)
- Add to a smoothie (with almond milk and protein powder)
- Served with fried egg 🍳 on top
- Blended in soup 🍜 (recipe to follow in future blog post ;))
- Mix with Quinoa/Grain of choice
Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon (more or less depending on size squash)
- 1/2-1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt (generous shake of kosher salt)
- Peel squash (you can also purchase squash pre-peeled and chopped) and chop 🔪 into bite sized cubes. NOTE: You can microwave your squash if it's really big to make it easier to slice into!
- Add cubed squash to a baking pan (line with aluminum foil for ease).
- Drizzle with olive/coconut oil, salt and pepper.
- Season liberally with cinnamon and shake the pan so it gets evenly combined.
- Bake @ 400F, ~30 min or until fork tender
- Serve and enjoy! 😍