This easy mediterranean style dish is a weeknight favorite that takes under 5 minutes to prepare and less than 20 minutes to cook. It's got lots of delicious flavors from garlic, kalamata olives, and roasted cherry tomatoes. I love adding pine-nuts for the perfect finish. In just 20 minutes you'll serve your family a delicious and nutrient-rich meal. Trout is an excellent source of omega-3 fats, B vitamins, and protein.
According to Monterrey Bay's Seafood Watch (click here to learn about best choices for Trout), look for farmed trout which is a better choice than wild lake trout, since farmed trout is raised in freshwater ponds that are protected from environmental contaminants.
- 1 Pint Cherry TOmatoes
- 1 Pint Kalamata Olives
- 1-2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic (or more =)
- sea salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Wash asparagus and cut off ends. Wash cherry tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes, asparagus, garlic in baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic, sea salt, pepper and toss so veggies are evenly coated.
- Place trout filets on top followed by sliced lemons, and another sprinkle of sea salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (or until fish flakes). In last 5 minutes sprinkle pine nuts.