An easy family favorite that ensures you'll have antioxidants, vitamins, fiber, protein, and healthy fats. This meal took about 15 minutes from prep to table! Sautéed peppers and onions, with some chicken tenders in a taco seasoning dry rub fit perfectly in these Boston Bibb lettuce cups to make for a low carb meal. I topped it with lots of avocado and salsa too for extra healthy fats (and delicious flavors).
Low-Carb Chicken Fajitas
1 pkg chicken tenders (sliced thin), about 8 small pieces
- 2 bell peppers (red/orange/yellow)
- 1 red onion
- 2 tsp garlic (or more)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning (you can use a pre-made packet or do a combination of 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 tsp paprika, 2 tsp cumin, sea salt)
- Head of Boston Bibb Lettuce
- Slice bell peppers into thin strips and slice onion into large rounds.
- Using a large sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and minced garlic for 2-3 minutes (until garlic starts to slightly brown).
- Add onion and bell peppers and start cook while stirring until veggies start to turn soft and have a nice char on them slightly.
- While peppers and onions are cooking, open your package of chicken and sprinkle them in your taco seasoning (this is called a "dry rub").
- Remove onion and pepper from the heat and place on the side.
- Add seasoned chicken strips to your saute pan and cook over medium heat about 3-4 minutes on one side, then flip to the other side and cook another 3 minutes or until strips are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and layer in your Boston Bibb Lettuce Cups. Layer with chicken, followed by peppers/onions, and salsa with avocado slices or dollop of guacamole.