This easy easy Salmon dish was oh soo delicious and took under 15 minutes - so it's easy and you can do it!! Did you know the American Heart Association recommend we need at least 2 servings of fish per week? Fish (especially salmon) is fich in healthy omega-3 fats (DHEA being one of them) that are extremely important for cell function. I would say more than 75% of the clients I see are not even close to hitting that mark and it's likely because they don't know how to cook it or are used to having only fried fish or frozen fish sticks (yuck!) This recipe is kind of foolproof and you can either make it in a saute pan or throw it all in a baking pan to cook.
Check it out!!
Lemon Salmon with Kalamata Olives
2 Salmon (Wild-caught Atlantic or Farm Raised Atlantic from USA, Canada or Denmark - according to SeafoodWatch.org)
- 1 Large lemon, sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced and pitted
- Season salmon fillets on both sides with lemon, sea salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, drizzle olive oil and garlic over medium heat
- Place salmon in pan. Cook for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork. Flip fillets halfway through cooking to brown on both sides - and in the last 5 minutes of cooking, squeeze the lemon and place the slices under, on top, or around the fish while it continues to cook.
- Finish with kalamata olives and serve.