This recipe is for your crazy weeknights when you literally only can do the "dump food and cook" kind of recipe. Literally takes about 2 minutes to put in a pan and then throw in the oven ... aka anyone can make this! I LOVE pesto - the blend of basil, olive oil and pine nuts gives a refreshing and new flavor to your plate. Top it over spinach and the bright red colored salmon (aim for wild-caught or US raised whenever possible) with a sprinkle of pine-nuts and you have a winning meal!
- 2 Salmon Filets (Wild-Caught, or US Farm Raised - spend the little extra $$ on good fish - you will DEFINITELY notice a major difference!)
- 2 LARGE handfuls Spinach
- 1/4 cup Pesto (any brand on the shelves you like =)
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Using a baking dish, put spinach at the bottom of your pan, place salmon filets on top, add drizzle of pesto and sprinkle of pine nuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish easily flakes.
- Serve with side of roasted veggies or asparagus.