This recipe is one that is super SIMPLE - it takes about 15-20 minutes from start to finish. You can use ground beef or turkey and any type of peppers to this dish. Serve as is (personally the easiest option) or with a side salad, or even stuffed into taco shells or a tortilla for "Burrito" style. Either way, cooking at home in a one pan meal is easy and something anyone can do!
One-Pan Sautéed Beef, Peppers & Onions
- 1 Pkg Ground Beef/Turkey (16 oz)
- 1-2 Large Red Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder/salt
- Optional to add cilantro or parsley to garnish
- With a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef to the pan. Continue to break the beef up, stirring it around in the pan and cook until no longer pink and you have brown crumbles.
- While beef cooks, slice your peppers and onions.
- Drain grease from the cooked beef pan, and put the browned beef in a dish on the side.
- Keeping the pan hot, add sliced yellow onion to the pan and stir gently 2 minutes. Add chopped bell peppers to the pan and cook another 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add chile powder and garlic salt.
- Add ground beef to the pan to combine with peppers and onions.
- Serve with garnish of parsley/cilantro. This is GREAT all on it's own or you could always add to some corn taco shells. Enjoy!