This tasty weeknight meal can be prepped ahead and can be cooked in under 20-30 minutes! Even though it seems "fancy" it really is super easy with a few simple tips!
Tip #1: While your oven is pre-heating, wash the bell peppers, slice off their heads and slice in half. Put on a roasting pan face up (this makes them start to get a little tender before you cook them full on).
Tip #2: While oven is pre-heating, use Pre-chopped garlic, on a skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add onion and then crumble over the beef mixture.
Tip #3: Make triple the amount of beef you would think to make! Why? You can make double or triple the recipe and freeze your stuffed peppers!! I put 2 halves in a tupperware and brought them to work the next day. The day after, I had Dan pop them in the oven to re-heat for toasty dinner leftovers.
Grass-Fed Beef Stuffed Peppers
- 1# Grass-fed beef
- 1 pint mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic
- 3-4 Red Bell Peppers
- Optional: Marinara Sauce, Cheese, Basil/Cilantro to garnish
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 F. Wash bell peppers and remove top part, slice in half. Place face up in the oven while pre-heating.
- Mince mushrooms in food processor (or dice up well)
- Saute onion and garlic with olive oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add beef and continue to cook until brown (drain off any excess grease).
- Add mushrooms to the mixture.