Damn delicious. That is all. These are seriously my most favorite (and easiest) roasted veggie of all - the parsnip. I always used to walk by these funny looking "white carrots"... until one day I picked them up and was forever changed.
If you like sweet potatoes you will love parsnips. 1 cup has about 6 g of fiber and is a good source of Vitamin C. I am always stressing the importance of adding more vegetables in different varieties and different ways - just tonight actually I taught a group of 8 individuals how to make their own sweet potato and parsnip fries - they were shocked just like me how surprisingly delicious these were! You've got to try these healthy "french fries" a great way to make roasted vegetables and get in your dose of fiber that helps to keep you full longer and keep blood sugar regulated. I served these as a side with turkey burgers and with my eggs in the morning! Enjoy!
- 4 Large Parsnips
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Thyme (or dried)
- Pre-heat oven 350-400 degrees F.
- Peel parsnips and then slice into long thin strips. (This is a good video to break-down how to chop potatoes (but you can use for your parsnips)
- Add to a baking pan lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and thyme.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes (turn as needed to prevent from getting burnt).