This baked garlic salmon is SO easy, takes only 5 minutes to put in the dish, and then 15 minutes to cook. The mediterranean style flavors of lemon, extra virgin olive oil, and thyme make for a delicious table favorite. Pair with a side of roasted asparagus or a simple arugula salad.
2 Salmon (Wild-caught Atlantic or Farm Raised Atlantic from USA, Canada - according to SeafoodWatch.org)
- 1 Large lemon, sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic (I personally use a little more though!)
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a large baking dish, put salmon filets down.
- Season with a drizzle of olive oil, squeeze of fresh lemon, sprinkle of sea salt and pepper on top of the salmon. Sprinkle thyme leaves on top. Put 1/2 the lemon slices under neath the salmon (this will infuse delicious lemony flavors).
- Place in oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes (timing will vary depending on how thick your fish is).