Spring has sprung, and asparagus is in full bloom! Asparagus is wonderfully rich in a variety of flavonoids and phenolic acids that are helpful in cardiovascular function. They also are an excellent source of Vitamin K which is important for healthy blood clotting and synthesizing proteins for healthy bones and a a strong immune system.
Roast your asparagus and serve in multiple ways this week - as a side with fish/chicken, chopped up and added to scrambled eggs or thrown into a quinoa or cous cous salad. YUM - enjoy y'all!
Serves: 2-4 (depending how big your asparagus/how big your appetite!)
- 1-2 lb. Asparagus
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1-2 Tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil (wonderful with garlic infused olive oil)
- Slice ends off asparagus.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place asparagus on baking pan and drizzle with olive oil and generous sprinkle of sea salt.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until tender to your liking.
- Wonderful served with fish, shrimp, chicken, or chopped into a quinoa or cous cous salad.