This is one of our favorite dishes at home because it's so full of flavor and it's really just a ton of fiber rich veggies along with plant-based protein! This is a vegetarian friendly dish (although it does have eggs that are optional). I am not typically a fan of TOFU but Dan (my fiance who doesn't make a whole lot in the kitchen - but this is his go-to specialty meal he will make once in a while!!) has made this for years and introduced me into using tofu in this easy stir fry. Mix and match whichever veggies you want - but this is our personal favorite combination we have to share!
- 1 pkg Extra Firm Tofu
- 4-6 Large Carrots, diced (or bag of pre-shredded carrots)
- 1/2 stalk Celery, diced
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- Optional to add zucchini, peppers, cherry tomatoes
- Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 Eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Start by dicing all your vegetables (you can also use shredded carrots and pre-diced onion for ease of preparation).
- Next, add drizzle of oil and your onions to a pan over medium high heat and let heat up about 5 minutes.
- Add in chopped veggies to the pan and let cook another 5-10 minutes until they start to turn slightly soft. Meanwhile, press your firm tofu with a cloth or towels to remove excess water.
- Dice tofu into cubes and toss into the sautéed veggie mixture, stir about 5 minutes.
- Crack in 2 eggs and stir around the break them up. Continue to cook about 2-5 minutes until egg are cooked and well incorporated into the mixture.
- Drizzle on your soy sauce (or we used coconut aminos). Optional to add fresh grated ginger and some crushed red pepper on top. Serve and Enjoy!