The great thing about the summer is having a grill to fire up and make your vegetables and proteins for the week. I personally don't have one (as I live in an apartment in the city), so these tenders were actually cooked on a George Foreman Grill... but I am personally dreaming of the day when I can cook on my own grill outside!!! Preparing extra proteins, like chicken, hard boiled eggs, bean salad, quinoa, tuna salad, etc. is a great way to help keep your health goals in check. Having at least 6-8 proteins to choose from in your fridge at any one time (aka chicken, fish, tuna, cheese sticks, greek yogurt, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, beef jerky, chickpeas, hummus, almonds) is a key trick to satiety and staying full. I love having extra grilled chicken on hand for meal prep for salads, dinners, or even the occasional nosh mid-afternoon.
The key TIP to these juicy, quick cooking chicken tenders as shown?
#1 Look for the chicken breast "tenders" in the meat department. They will be smaller and more thin, meaning they cook quicker and are really juicy to taste.
#2 If you don't find chicken tenders, and you are using regular chicken breast. Wrap in saran wrap or a large ziplock bag and using a rolling pin (or for me an empty wine bottle), hammer down on the chicken to press it out to an even thickness.
Prepare them just as is with a squeeze of lemon and dijon mustard OR drizzle on top with my personal favorite "Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce".
Easy Grilled Chicken (2 Ways)
- Chicken Tenders (or chicken breast pounded to uniform thickness)
- Option 1: 2 Lemons , 1-2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard (option to also add 1 tsp garlic)
- Option 2: 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
Bring a grill grate to medium-high heat.
- Add tenders to a large bowl and add one of your marinades over the chicken. Swirl chicken around to evenly coat.
- Add tenders to the grill grate for 3-5 minutes on each side (note that the smaller, more thinly sliced tenders cook very quickly!)
- Once cooked through, remove from heat. Serve with additional salt/pepper and another drizzle of your lemon/dijon OR buffalo sauce.