These easy marinated cherry tomatoes are bursting with flavor, so easy to prepare, and perfect for hydrating your skin and cells on a hot summer evening. A fun tip, is that fruits and vegetables (aka your tomatoes) are an excellent way to help hit your hydration goals for the day. In the heat and humidity of the summer, you likely need a bit more than normal, and having watermelon for dessert, a piece of fruit for a snack, and things like tomatoes, celery, cucumber, spinach, broccoli and cauliflower are all rich in water and fiber (also making them a great low-cal ingredient!)
Whip up this 5 min cherry tomato salad, perfect addition over fresh fish, on the side with a meat/fish, or even just tossed with some chickpeas, quinoa, or spinach for a meal.
Marinated Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (I love the juicy multi-colored ones you can find during the spring/summer months!)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (or more if you enjoy)
- 2 Tbsp of EITHER: Lemons, Squeezed OR Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh or dried italian herbs (optional to use fresh basil/thyme if on hand)
- Small drizzle ~2 Tbsp of a good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (I prefer kosher salt for this one)
- Optional - I also included some chopped cucumber in this as well!
Chop tomatoes in half/quarters. Add to a small mixing bowl. Drizzle in balsamic vinegar or squeeze lemon juice. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt/pepper and Italian herbs. Mix well to combine.