Looking for a crockpot favorite? This recipe is SOO simple and tastes amazing. You know those easy "go-to" meals you always seem to have up your sleeve for a "just in case" night? Well this is one of them! I always keep canned tomatoes and some extra ground beef/turkey in the freezer so it's a no brainer when it comes to whipping this easy recipe up.
You can serve this delicious meal as is, or I also love it over spaghetti squash (and honestly spaghetti squash can last for months when stored in a cool dry place) so this is another great tip for easy meals when you get home from a trip or just haven't gone shopping in a while!
I hope you enjoy!! Eating healthy is simple and easy!!
- 2 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Can crushed Tomatoes
- Parsley or Cilantro (garnish)
- Liberal amount of salt and a dash of pepper
- Optional to add 1 Tbsp sugar
- Optional to add diced avocado
- Heat oil and garlic and onion in a large pan over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until turkey starts to brown.
- Once browned, drain off any fat.
- Add browned turkey to crockpot along with remaining ingredients and set to low for 4-6 hours.
- Once chili is done cooking, taste and add additional salt/pepper or spices as needed.
- Serve with sliced avocado and chopped fresh cilantro or parsley. (Option to serve over tortilla chips with squeeze of fresh lime or even as a sauce over spaghetti squash)
*Note: If you don't cook this in the crockpot, add your cooked turkey and remaining ingredients in a large pan on the stovetop (except for avocado, cheese and cilantro). Let simmer on low-medium heat for 20 minutes. Serve with avocado, cilantro, and shredded cheese.