I've had many clients recently asking for some low-carb options for their meals... I would say most of the recipes I post are technically fairly low carb on the spectrum - but this one for sure if a great low-carb meal if you're looking for something new! I always looking for foods I can make a LOT of (aka meal prep aka batch cooking)... These turkey meatballs are SO delicious and SO easy to make a bunch of them to keep on hand for lunches/dinners or even to freeze and re-heat later in a few weeks! love these easy turkey meatballs - the flavor is amazing and topped with a little of the tzaziki sauce makes for the perfect compliment between savory greek meatballs with a hint of tart/sweet zest drizzled on top!
I hope you enjoy this fun recipe - please share in the comments if you liked the recipe, if you have questions or if you did anything different! Always love to hear from you guys!!
Greek Turkey Meatballs + Tzaziki Sauce
1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Egg
- Optional to add 1/4 c dried panko breadcrumbs
YOGURT DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (preferably greek)
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Start by making your meatballs: put all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until egg and oregano are evenly dispersed. Seasoning with salt/pepper.
- Scoop out 1" balls and dollop on a lined baking sheet (foil or sprayed with butter/oil). Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your yogurt sauce (tzaziki) - whisk up all the ingredients in a small bowl or a small jar (as I did for ease to save for later). Season with more dill/lemon/honey/salt as needed. Keep extra sauce in a sealed jar or container for 3 days. (I love using it on salads for a dressing for tomorrow!)
- Once meatballs are cooked, serve either in romaine lettuce/bibb lettuce wraps OR over a big green salad OR serve as is with the yogurt sauce drizzled on top and some roasted broccoli or veggies on the side. ENJOY!