OMG YESSS these easy little concoctions were a household favorite tonight! ... So much so that my husband actually devoured all 3 showed in this photo before asking me if I had any.... he "thought I already had some" ha ha!
With these tasty stuffed sweet potatoes, you're getting a megadose of phytonutrients, fiber, beta carotene, vitamins and minerals. I subscribe to the ALL FOODS FIT methodology and I encourage if you want something HAVE IT! SO if you want to add in some ground turkey or shredded chicken to this meal, that would be delicious too!! =) If you want to add a sprinkle of cheese and your body (not your habitual behavior) tells you.. yes I want some cheese - then do it!
Reminder here that NO foods are good or bad (some may just have a different nutrition profile) and we have to get back to what our body feels like it truly needs and feels best on!! And for the record, we ALL have different needs! When we change this paradigm shift of thinking, we enjoy our foods, we eat until we are satisfied, and we don't feel guilty about foods we eat.
While this is a higher carb meal, it is amazing for a post-workout meal (for those of you working out in the evening and having dinner soon after, this would be perfect!! Dig in and SAVOR your food today!!
Serving for 2-4 (depending on size and appetite) - you can have a 1/2 sweet potato of a whole
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, sliced in half and scooped out the center once cooked
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed if canned
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Pop sweet potatoes 🍠 (sliced down the center, leave face up) in oven for 30 min @ 350-400F on baking pan.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa on stovetop (or for me I just used up last nights extra batch).
- Add to your cooked quinoa: black beans, several dollops of salsa (and any hot sauce), cilantro, chopped tomatoes 🍅 , avocado 🥑 and squeeze of lime... add sprinkle of hemp seeds for extra protein/fiber. Season w salt/pepper.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, scoop out the Center and add in your filling you've just made! ✅
- Optional to add cheese and put in oven for another 10 minutes. .
NUTRITIONALS: 370 cal, 12 g pro, 13 g fiber, 50 g carb (note according to My Fitness Pal for 1/2 sweet potato serving - I would recommend having both halves or maybe 1.5 for a dinner meal depending on hunger or have with a side salad for non starchy veggies =)