Looking for a crockpot favorite? This recipe is SOO simple and tastes amazing. You know those easy "go-to" meals you always seem to have up your sleeve for a "just in case" night? Well this is one of them! Dig in!Read More
Looking for the perfect Meal Prep Recipe?! This stores GREAT in the freezer, and packs perfectly in a thermos, mason jar to take to work for on the go. I love sipping my hearty chili on a cold day, for a Football Seasonal Tailgate, to serve when I have company over, to make meal planning easy for the week and to use as post-workout fuel. Remember, you can use this as a full meal as is, or have just 1/4 cup as a little snack in the day! You get the full effects of iron, protein, and amino acids. Double the batch if you want to store more in the freezer... Enjoy!!
EASY & TASTY
GRASS-FED BEEF & LOTSA VEGGIE CHILI
SERVES: 10 CUPS (PERFECT FOR MEAL PREP)
- 1 Lb. Grass-Fed Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1-2 Large Carrots, Chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery, Chopped
- 1 Lb. White Button Mushrooms, Chopped
- 3 cans tomatoes (or 5-6 Large Tomatoes washed and chopped)
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Small Handful Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- COOK BEEF: In a large saucepan cook beef until brown on all sides (break it up with your spatula while it cooks, so there is not just 1 block of beef).
- CHOP VEGGIES: Add carrot, celery, mushrooms to a food processor and pulse a few times (takes 30 seconds and all your veggies are chopped!)
- SAUTE ONION: While the beef is cooking, in a separate large stock pot, sauté your chopped onion for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- ADD VEG: Add your chopped mushrooms, carrots, celery and spices and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- ADD TOMATOES: Add your 2-3 cans of tomatoes or chopped whole tomatoes.
- ADD BEEF: Add the beef that has been cooking on your side.
- ADD HOT SAUCE: Add 1/4 cup (or as much as you want) of Franks Red Hot Sauce. Stir everything together and bring to a low simmer. Let sit for 2-4 hours to allow flavors to marinate. Option to add 1-2 cups beef broth for more liquid chili. Garnish with fresh parsley
***OPTION TO ADD ALL INGREDIENTS TO A CROCKPOT AND COOK ON LOW HEAT 4-6 HOURS**