Did I put "carrot cake" and "Breakfast" in the same sentence? YES!!! And this combination is incredibly delicious AND nutritious! Rich in carotenoids, beta-carotene, antioxidants, protein and fiber this may taste like a treat, but it's got incredible nutritional benefit!
Overnight Oats is one of the most popular meal prep strategies and make ahead recipes for breakfast (or to use for any meal/snack for that matter). It is really just a super easy way to save time in the morning and provide your body with the nutrients, protein, fiber, and energy to start your day.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 carrot shredded (½ cup)
- 1-2 teaspoons Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Raisins
- pinch of salt
- ½- ¾ cup Almond Milk, unsweetened
- * 2 Tbsp walnuts/almonds optional
- * 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
1. Add your liquids, sweetener, and seeds first (almond milk, chia seeds, honey, cinnamon) to a mason jar or Tupperware container. Mix well.
2. Shred your carrots using a grater.
3. Add in the shredded carrot to your jar. Add raisins, nuts, cinnamon and oats and mix well (option to add more/less of cinnamon/maple syrup/raisins/nuts).
4. Store in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight for the next morning).
5. Take out of your fridge and dig in (yes it’s served cold, but you can heat up in the microwave if you prefer to have it warm.