Just like our classic lemon humus, we add a little pizazz by just adding one ingredient - RED PEPPERS! Did you know that bell peppers can have up to 70% more Vitamin C than those "Vitamin C rich oranges". Get an extra boost of immune protection by adding fresh or roasted bell peppers to this easy hummus recipe!
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas (Garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1-2 lemons, juiced (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Optional: 2-3 tbsp water (if you need more liquid to mix)
- Dash of ground cumin and paprika
- *** 1-2 Red Bell Peppers (roast in the oven at 350 degrees F until soft)
Add all ingredients to a high powered food processor or blender and pulse until smooth (you may need to add more olive oil and/or water as needed). Adjust salt/pepper to taste.
WAYS TO ENJOY YOUR HUMMUS:
- Appetizer (dip with whole grain crackers, apple slices, or carrots/broccoli.
- Flatbread Pizza (spread hummus on a flatbread and add toppings like basil like basil and roasted red peppers)
- Sandwich spread (spread on a whole grain wrap or piece of bread with a variety of mixed veggies)
- Spread on a whole grain piece of toast instead of butter or peanut butter.
- Make an apple sandwich with 2 slices of apples and hummus spread between.