Sometimes I just can't get enough sweet potato... it's sweet, savory, versatile, not to mention it's packed with nutrients like Carotenoids good for the immune system, skin and vision, Fiber, Potassium, and a good source of starchy carbohydrates (especially helpful for endurance athletes). Paired with quinoa, a complete plant-based protein and almonds, which are rich in Vitamin E good for glowing skin, it was the perfect combination for a Monday morning start!
**You can cut this recipe in half for individual portions (and warm up in a mug for a quick breakfast like I did), or batch cook as directed for breakfast/snack options all week!
Sweet Potato & Quinoa Mug
SERVES: 2-4 servings
- 2 cup Quinoa, cooked
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, cooked
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Almonds, roughly chopped (or whole if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Salt to taste (~ 1/4 tsp)
- IF YOU BATCH PREP: Add all ingredients to a large bowl, mix well and portion into small portioned containers or 8 oz. mason jars.
- IF YOU MAKE INDIVIDUAL: Add all ingredients to a small mug. Mash together so sweet potato is incorporated well into quinoa. microwave for 30-60 seconds. Enjoy!