Tools, Tips, & Links
As a Dietitian, I work with multiple companies and groups to provide meal planning services, nutrition guidance, social media for nutrition and health and more. Checkout the following for some of my work. Checkout some of the Content I manage or have created to make your life EASIER!
RESOURCES & TOOLS I USE WITH CLIENTS:
Stress Reduction & Self-Compassion
- Calm (app and website)
- Headspace (app and website)
- Kristen Neff has amazing resources and books - head to http://self-compassion.org for endless resources for guided meditation, self-compassion quiz
- Brenne Brown - WOW checkout her books (I listen to them on audio), and her popular TedTalks for insight on shame and vulnerability.
- Resource Guide for Substance Abuse + Nutrition https://www.drugrehab.com/guides/nutrition/ or www.addictioncenter.com/addiction/eating-disorders/
- Slim By Design, (Book + Website). Food Psychologist, Brian Wansink discusses how we can mindlessly eat BETTER by changing our environment.
- Better Than Before (book + Website). http://gretchenrubin.com Author, Gretchen Rubin has studied how to develop healthy habits - amazing!
- The Power of Habit (book + website) http://www.thepowerofhabit.com
- The Power of Habit (5 min YouTube for the top 5 Tips) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ws2WfeD6d8
Food Blogs, Eating Local + Media
- http://localharvest.org for local CSA (community supported agriculture) and local farmers markets!
- http://seafoodwatch.org to checkout sustainable seafood, types of fish/shellfish and where to get them from/where to avoid
- http://www.eatwild.com Eat on the WILD side by eating locally sourced produce, meats, cheese, eggs and more!
- Balanced Bites Podcast, Books, & Blogs: http://balancedbites.com
- Roots Reboot Nutrition + Recipes: http://rootsreboot.com
- Smoothies + Plant Based Eating + Juicing: http://rebootwithjoe.com
- Forks Over Knives (Movie, Blog + Book) - great recipes! http://forksoverknives.com