Fall is here and so are all of the root vegetables in season! Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash is great as a side... but now just add those leftovers to your green salad for a warm and fully flavorful and delicious meal. Get the recipe!Read More
Enjoy this warming Cinnamon spiced, naturally sweet and nourishing Butternut Squash Soup. With only 3 ingredients it takes just under 5 minutes to whip together!Read More
Butternut Squash is one of my Fall Favorites and when paired with cinnamon it gets an even richer, sweeter and more delicious flavor! Served in so many ways... it's time to get cooking!Read More
Sometimes I just can't get enough sweet potato... it's sweet, savory, versatile, not to mention it's packed with nutrients like Carotenoids good for the immune system, skin and vision, Fiber, Potassium, and a good source of starchy carbohydrates (especially helpful for endurance athletes). Paired with quinoa, a complete plant-based protein and almonds, which are rich in Vitamin E good for glowing skin, it was the perfect combination for a Monday morning start!
**You can cut this recipe in half for individual portions (and warm up in a mug for a quick breakfast like I did), or batch cook as directed for breakfast/snack options all week!
Sweet Potato & Quinoa Mug
SERVES: 2-4 servings
- 2 cup Quinoa, cooked
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, cooked
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Almonds, roughly chopped (or whole if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Salt to taste (~ 1/4 tsp)
- IF YOU BATCH PREP: Add all ingredients to a large bowl, mix well and portion into small portioned containers or 8 oz. mason jars.
- IF YOU MAKE INDIVIDUAL: Add all ingredients to a small mug. Mash together so sweet potato is incorporated well into quinoa. microwave for 30-60 seconds. Enjoy!