This recipe takes under 5 minutes to prepare and is oh so delicious! Pesto is from ground basil, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic - so it's great for healthy fats and antioxidants! I even sprinkled some extra fresh basil on top for extra flavor - you will love this one! Checkout the recipe!Read More
This baked garlic salmon is SO easy, takes only 5 minutes to put in the dish, and then 15 minutes to cook. The mediterranean style flavors of lemon, extra virgin olive oil, and thyme make for a delicious table favorite. Pair with a side of roasted asparagus or a simple arugula salad.Read More
This recipe is for your crazy weeknights when you literally only can do the "dump food and cook" kind of recipe. The blend of basil, olive oil and pine nuts gives a refreshing and new flavor to your plate for a winning meal!Read More
This Garlic Lemon Salmon was oh soo delicious and took under 15 minutes - so it's easy and you can do it! Fish (especially salmon) is fich in healthy omega-3 fats (DHEA being one of them) and is extremely important for cell function. This recipe is foolproof and a great way to get in these important nutrients into your week!Read More
This easy mediterranean style dish is a weeknight favorite that takes under 5 minutes to prepare and less than 20 minutes to cook. It's got lots of delicious flavors from garlic, kalamata olives, and roasted cherry tomatoes.Read More
So my first experience of the traditional French Niçoise Salad was actually in the south of France, in a beautiful town called Nice (one of my most treasured trips and experiences). I was traveling with a nutrition study abroad group and we learned how to make this traditional dish from a local registered nutritionist in that area of the country. All local ingredients we picked up at the market, and then we prepared on the rocks overlooking a beautiful landscape of beach, water, and blue skies. This meal holds a special place and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did - and still do!
- 8-16 oz. Tuna Steaks (1 Large Piece)
- 2-4 Hard-boiled Eggs
- 2 cups Green Beans (boiled for ~3-5 minutes until turn bright green)
- 4-6 cups mixed lettuce greens (micro-greens, arugula, or mix of romaine lettuces)
- 1 Lemon (zest/squeeze on top)
- ½ cup Kalamata Olives
- 1-2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced (seeds removed)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- Traditional Nicoise Salad is served with anchovies and fingerling potatoes and artichokes.
- Dressing: Lemon-Oil-Garlic-Salt-Pepper Vinaigrette (homemade or drizzle vinegar and a good olive oil on top
- First get 2 small pans boiling with hot water.
- Chop your red onion, wash and roughly chop lettuces.
- The water should be boiling soon, so drop in your eggs to cook for 12 minutes, additionally boiling your green beans for about 5 minutes (or until vibrant green).
- Once green beans are bright green remove from heat, strain and blanch with ice cubes/cold water to stop them from continuing to cook.
- Sear your steaks on a medium-hot pan or grill (~3-4 minutes on one side and about 1-2 minutes on the opposite side). These cook very quickly and the key is to not cook them all the way through - they should be slightly pink in the center. While cooking the steaks, have your green beans boiling in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to two salad bowls. Toss with salad dressing (olive oil-lemon juice-crushed garlic-salt-pepper). Serve seared tuna steaks over the prepared salad.