I love these easy turkey meatballs - the flavor is amazing and you can make extras to either keep in the fridge or freeze and re-heat later! The tzaziki sauce is the perfect compliment from savory greek meatballs with a hint of sweet zest to drizzle on top!Read more
Instead of frying, just roast these tasty little florets a high temperature for a crispy broccoli piece that has tons of crunch with a lot less oil. Sometimes it’s just a matter of getting creative with our vegetables to keep things interesting!! This dish goes wonderfully with a drizzle of a mediterranean style dressing of tahini-garlic-lemon.Read more
Preparing extra proteins, like chicken, hard boiled eggs, bean salad, quinoa, tuna salad, etc. is a great way to help keep your health goals in check. These lemon-dijon chicken tenders AND Buffalo Spiced Chicken are an easy and delicious way to prepare for your week!Read more
To get into detail about this recipe's superpowers....Cabbage is such a wonderful vegetable to use that I don't think we use enough! This recipe is bold in flavors and textures - plus it's super easy if you are already using pre-shredded bags of produce! Try this delicious (and healthy) Shredded Slaw in Peanut-Thai dressing!Read more
Looking for a crockpot favorite? This recipe is SOO simple and tastes amazing. You know those easy "go-to" meals you always seem to have up your sleeve for a "just in case" night? Well this is one of them! Dig in!Read more
Need easy? Want healthy? Getting bored of the same 3 dishes can be one of the main reasons I hear new clients have gone back to old (unhealthy) habits after trying to make changes in the past... so here is your answer - 3 Ingredients to a new inspired burger!Read more
This baked garlic salmon is SO easy, takes only 5 minutes to put in the dish, and then 15 minutes to cook. The mediterranean style flavors of lemon, extra virgin olive oil, and thyme make for a delicious table favorite. Pair with a side of roasted asparagus or a simple arugula salad.Read more
Need a super easy meal to make and serve throughout the week in lunches, dinners, heck even a snack if you really wanted? This is a go-to meal that your entire family will love (especially if they love "buffalo sauce"). Just 2 ingredients, and less than 2 minutes to drop into the crockpot!Read more
This recipe is one that is super SIMPLE - it takes about 15-20 minutes from start to finish. You can use ground beef or turkey and any type of peppers to this dish. Serve as is (personally the easiest option) or with a side salad, or even stuffed into taco shells or a tortilla for "Burrito" style. Either way, cooking at home in a one pan meal is easy and something anyone can do!Read more
This is an easy 20 min meal that you can make and serve multiple ways throughout the week - whether it's lunch, breakfast, dinner or a veggie fiber rich snack! The importance of being prepared for the week is crucial to being successful in your health goals.Read more
Moroccan Stuffed Acorn Squash is a tasty, easy and nutrient-dense meal to serve this week. Bold flavors of raisins, cumin, garlic, onion sautéed into grass-fed beef/lamb and finished in a sweet starchy bowl of acorn squash.Read more
This delicious soup is one of the easiest soups you've ever made. Just 3 oz. of muscles has 20 g of protein and over 300%. Try this warming recipe any time of the year, for a tasty seafood dinner meal rich in B vitamins, protein, and healthful nutrition.
On a chilly day the need for a warming soup is always a delicious and easy option. This cozy Cinnamon Butternut Squash soup is perfect for a cold afternoon and provides a wonderful immune boost with additional anti-inflammatory benefits. Butternut Squash and Carrots provide vitamin A and beta-carotene which are helpful for vision, hair, skin, and immune support. Garlic, ginger and cinnamon are helpful anti-inflammatory spices. Garlic contains the unique sulfur containing compound, allicin which helps to decrease oxidative stress. Ginger root contains potent antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help to decrease pain for those with arthritic conditions. Cinnamon helps to regulate blood sugar, provides anti-microbial benefits, helps to reduce LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) and provides anti-inflammatory support as well.
Cinnamon Butternut Squash Soup
Serves: 2-3 servings (16 oz/serving)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth (you can make your own from pulp)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped turnip (2-3 small, or 1 medium-large)
- 1 cup butternut squash (or 1 small squash, peeled and seeds removed)
- 8, Large (7” long) carrots (or 1 cup chopped)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- Crushed pistachios, chopped parsley or almonds (optional for garnish)
- Add coconut oil to saucepan on medium high heat. Add chopped garlic and sauté for 3 minutes until the onion begins to turn translucent. Add minced garlic and spices and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth, water, squash and turnips and bring to a rapid boil.
- Once the saucepot turns to a rapid bowl, turn down and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or use your blender to mix this soup into a consistent base. Add salt/pepper and agave (optional) to taste test to your liking.
- Serve with crushed pistachios or a nut of your choice (walnuts, pecans, almonds).
- Enjoy!! (If you are saving the rest for tomorrow, allow the soup to cool completely and seal in 16-20 oz mason jar. Keep cool and bring in a cooler until you plan to open! =))
The combination of foods and spices contain a variety of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals with anti-inflammatory properties and an immune boosting punch. Chronic inflammation is at the root of disease and has been associated with obesity, allergies, skin conditions, diabetes, arthritis and chronic pain. However, eating a diet including plenty of colorful vegetables can be helpful. What are some anti-inflammatory foods, herbs and spices to include in your diet?
- Omega 3 fatty acids: Flaxseed oil, Flax seeds, Wild-Caught Salmon, Walnuts
- Leafy Greens: Kale, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Collards rich in antioxidants, flavonoids and Vitamin C
- Cruciferous Veggies: Broccoli, Kale, Cabbage, Bok Choy contain sulfur containing compounds powerful to combat inflammation and harmful radicals
- Orange colored veggies: Squash, carrots, sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin A and beta-carotene
- Vitamin C rich foods: Red Peppers, Citrus Fruits, Kiwi, leafy greens, berries
- Berries: Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries etc. have potent antioxidant capacity to scavenge free radicals
- Specific Herbs and Spices: Turmeric, Garlic, ginger root, cinnamon
Just to give you a sample of how to incorporate this recipe into an anti-inflammatory meal plan, your day might look something like this:
- AM Wake Up: Hot water with ½ lemon, 1 nob of ginger minced/juiced, ½ tsp turmeric,
- AM Juice: Green Juice (Kale, lemon, ginger, parsley, pineapple) and scrambled eggs
- Lunch: Cinnamon Butternut Squash Soup **Today’s Recipe!
- PM Snack: ¼ c walnuts with greek yogurt
- PM Dinner: Stir fry of mixed vegetables with quinoa and chicken (*If you like fish, include grilled wild-caught salmon)
- Optional Dessert: 1 oz dark chocolate
This comforting crockpot recipe has only 6 ingredients: shredded chicken, savory seasoned carrots, onions and celery and chicken broth which will provide you with fiber and protein (without the refined carb noodles) to fill you up and keep you satisfied in these cooler monthsRead more
This easy EASY dish, uses fresh ingredients, herbs (parsley) that has potent liver detoxifying properties, and the whole grain QUINOA (one of my absolute favorites) which is high in protein AND fiber. Have this meal for dinners, lunches, or small serving for snacking. Enjoy!Read more
This recipe is my favorite because it takes no time at all, tastes delicious and is high in protein with some fiber rich carbs. It's just TWO ingredients with a flavor of cinnamon and vanilla.Read more
Need something EASY? Just3 ingredients that I know you have on hand! Packed with protein and fiber to start your morning with a fast metabolism.Read more